Thursday, December 23, 2010

Madness with Coffee and Muffin


I am watching Simon my eldest daughter wrap presents as we listen to Nirvana and I sip generously on an iced cold beer.

We did shopping hard core this morning and are now in a state of relaxation knowing that 90% of the shopping is done and dusted.
Nicole decided not to spend the night and day with us due to circumstances not needed to be disclosed, tears were shed and emotions were raw, such is the situation when it comes to divorce and kids.

So coffee and breakfast was held before the attack on the various outlets were declared, my giant sized choc-chip muffin fresh from the oven eaten with melting butter and grated cheese and downed with a mega cuppachino. It was the breakfast of kings and my smiling eyes teased the other shoppers are they hurried past unsmiling and harassed at 9 in the morning, a little sad I thought.

It makes me think that the rat race has deprived us of the simple joys in life like a cup of coffee with a friend, singing to a complete stranger, she laughed and Simon shook her head and saying Merry Christmas to the shop assistants, never forgetting that most of them are tired and perhaps a little irritable as well.

Quote of the day, "He's crying because the service is so bloody slow" from a slightly irate Mom of a 2 year old boy.

My thought for the day, well loved spending time with Simon, but would have liked Nicole to have been with us.

1 comment: