Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Coldplay Afterparty


It started off as it normally does, innocently attending a concert with Parlatones and then Coldplay.
That was fine, then there was the off the cuff remark of popping into a club for a drink or two.

My first alert should have been the 50+ year old man on his haunches outside the entrance with his hands tied behind his back. He was apprehended in the act of peddling drugs inside the club.

Second alert was the steroid filled gentleman dressed in black who could only grunt and gave me a body search that made me feel a cigarette was required to complete the experience. I was made to empty my pockets and my wallet was fondled, emptied and I am sure if I had a condom in it, it would been used on me that very instant.

The beer was cold, however everything you touched or leant against or stepped on was sticky. The bar lady proceeded to whack the bottom of her associate barman with such vigour that I expected his four good teeth to deposit themselves on the barcounter.

Next alert was the average age of those in the club was from 15 to 40 and the 15 year old girls were extremely at ease with their short skirts, painted faces, cigarettes and beverages. I found myself wondering if they were brought here by their parents and groomed to the point where this was now their playground. It also seemeds as if the dress code of shorts and slip slops were perfectly acceptable.

The final alert that sent cold shivers through me and gripped my heart harder than a pitbull clinging onto a cat was when the barlady winked at me and laughed as if she had just found dessert.

I returned to my table only to observe the one male at the table next to me pretend to urinate into his beer, hereby informing his girlfriend he needed to visit the mensroom. She smiled in acknowledgement.


Enough said?

Let me add that it was indeed an eye opener and yet a once in a lifetime experience. having a good mate along to share it worth? Priceless!

Thanks Stephen.

Nite all.

No comments:

Post a Comment