Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dark Chocolate World


I love dark chocolate. Slightly bitter, strong as tequila and as black as a politicians heart.
It relaxes me and helps me contemplate life, love and my spiritual journey.

I have hit a low in two of them and the recurring mantra that rocks my brain and logic is "why".
To question is natural and to doubt human. I am no superhero powers despite being able to split an apple in two with one finger,  getting slapped for growling at beautiful women and surviving two very close shaves of the unspoken kind.

I am someone who tries to wake with a smile and keep it going for as long as possible. The whole rainbow and unicorns
Some days I succeed and then on other occasions a couple of days attack me at once and I fall quicker than Bafana Bafana head coach.
When I am in this self preservation mode I withdraw and watch the world pass by. Waving from the shadows is like smelling a rose in your sleep. It serves no purpose and brings no joy.
Friends do that. They entertain our misery and criticism and allow us to work through it. This is what a true friend is, someone who listens and is a shoulder to lean on and in some cases a warm cup of tea or a cold beer.

Now I need dark chocolate and a dark room.

Nite all.

MSG moments of the week?

Mad - I have the potential to get bitter about life and it angers me
Sad - I am single again
Glad - my Mom, my girls, my friends, my job, beer and red wine


No comments:

Post a Comment