Sunday, August 28, 2011

Spring



Spring.
A new shoot, green and hopeful forces itself to the surface and gazes innocently at its new surroundings.
The environment is not completely hostile, but neither is it friendly.
The difference is that there is hope.

I am at a crossroads in my life where I have journeyed so far, I have battled, sweated, struggled with religion and morals and cried tears of sadness and frustration. Yet I have also discovered a new Ted, one who is more patient, honest, able to listen and shut up when required.
I have the most amazing friends in the world, I have made friends with folk I never see and they have become a part of my circle. Today I will mention a single Mom who is raising her daughter whilst battling to find a job. She has hit rock bottom, sobbed and hid, but she hasn't given up. What an honour to know her and know that when we finally meet for fruit salad and coffee, I will be able to hug her and laugh together.

Then my new friend, shy, funny, cute and a blushing beauty who has exploded into my life, thank you.
You make me smile and believe in a part of my life I had packed away.
I am smiling like a teenager as I write about you, I didn't think this was possible and irrespective of the future, I am happy now.

Spring is on our doorstep, embrace it.
Enter the world with a smile and a bounce in your step and who knows what new doors of opportunity await you.

Nite all.

1 comment:

  1. Having read a few posts from this blog it seems that you too have experienced your Winter. Pain, in this life, I’m told makes a good vehicle for our evolution. Bitter to accept at the time and perhaps enlightening when glanced upon in retrospect. Nature’s rhythms often act as a catalyst for change in our lives too. Spring does represent rebirth, positive energy, renewal, hope and every synonym that goes with those. I’m also told that the more we are attuned to those subtleties and nuances, the more they act as guides. Best wishes on the rest of your journey.

    ...

    ReplyDelete