Saturday, July 16, 2011

Teenage Dating

I have been trained, brainwashed and coaxed into being a chauffeur for my teenage daughters first boyfriend.

Why?
Well, I delivered my daughter to a shopping centre, shook the hand of the young lad and watched him lead her away. 
Why was she smiling when she was walking away from Daddy?
Was she drugged?
How could be attracted to a human so fragile, the thought of handing over a priceless treasure without some rules seems irrational.

Here are the unmentioned rules:
You hurt her I break you into bite size chunks and make curry.
You cheat on her I will mount your head on a wall.
Touch her anywhere below the neck even accidentally and the ancient art of bloodletting will be re-introduced.
Whatever you do to her i have the privilege of doing to you.
I feel better already.

He was very polite and seems like a very nice young lad. Simon likes him. I am now an observer as she begins her journey into love, relationships and emotional experimentation. It is hard because I cannot protect her anymore, I have let her go and stand in the shadows anxiously watching and waiting.

Treat her well Sean




Nite All

2 comments:

  1. i recognize one of those threats! LOL

    you're a good dad, my friend. if you continue to treat your daughters with respect, they won't settle for jerks who mistreat them. they'll only get involved with someone who treats them as well as you treat them.

    well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, wasnt easy for me but I had friends encouraging and threatening me lol

    ReplyDelete