Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dating after Divorce

Is there love after divorce?

The simple answer is yes.
There is however a but and this is where it gets a little complicated.
Love after divorce as I have found it has two levels, firstly if there are kids involved and secondly if the emotional issues of the first relationship have not been worked through.
When kids from a previous marriage are involved the your kids scenariou has serious issues concerning discipline, love, attention etc. To find an acceptable balance is about as easy as explaining why the stripper at the front door knows you on a first name basis.
I have 2 daughters, both teenagers and to attempt to introduce a third woman to the equation would be like juggling with porcupines. How would I  divide my time in a manner acceptable to all parties and still retain my already stretched limited sanity?

I still find myself watching my girls sleep and wondering what the future holds for them. Simon has a boyfriend, Nicole is battling with her own issues and is looking for Dad time and attention as well. She starts High School next year and I imagine her mind and body are changing as we speak.

So back to dating. How? When? Is it possible?
I don't know, I fear I might somehow be putting my girls before me and the thought of hurting them more than they have already been hurt is not negotiable. The look in their eyes when I had to tell them that Heather and I were getting divorced will haunt me forever. Their tears hurt me more than finding out about the reason for our divorce.
This doesnt answer my question, it does warn me of possible pitfalls and incidents that need to be taken into account.
As for finding ladies to go on dates with, anyone got a sexy single sister, someone interesting whose brain I can explore and laugh with and spoil with home cooked meals? Anyone?

The Good news?
Well, my girls have settled and we have an amazing open relationship.
I have incredible friends, a loving family and a body that comedians would kill for.

Nite All


No comments:

Post a Comment