Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Take my Breath Away


There is a song from the eighties that is called "Take my Breath Away" sung by Berlin. I have encountered this and find myself amazed and caught in some sort of time capsule. There seems to be moments in my day where I am an onlooker gazing into my world and seeing all as if for the first time.

My girls, my precious angels who care so deeply and honestly for their Dad. Bless them as they too have been drawn into a divorce that was not their doing, the innocent suffer and they too must deal with the consequences and harsh realities. And they have, I am so proud of them and their honesty and manner in which they have walked beside me.

It has been 2 years and much has changed, I am a little more grey, a little more realistic about life and love and definitely less critical and judgemental than I used to be.

I have a home, a den to rest, recharge, think and entertain.
It is warm and smells of hope and dreams.
It reminds a little of the past and offers a glimpse of the future.
It is slightly disorganised because it is lived in and comes alive when people are in it like a puppy greeting its family when they return home.

And then, in the far side of my image is a new light, a new energy, an aura of warmth, joy and companionship with the promise of so much more. This is the hope that has crossed my path and added a silly smile to my face and the occasional blush to my personality.

"Take my Breath Away"

Nite All

4 comments:

  1. Doctor!!!!!!!!!1 Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get on with your life. I went through a very ugly divorce we my kids were taken away. I had to move on and accept. You can not change the past but you can control the future. Do that focus on that and you will be the winner
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, I am and I have. I use the past as a warning not to make the same mistakes again and to remind myself of how far my girls and i have come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Ted! I love the last paragraph - it depicts so beautifully what true hope does in our lives - and what love does! :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete