Monday, May 2, 2011

Wow


It was a day that began with me waking up with butterflies in my stomach. I am more at ease facing 3 gangsters in a dark alley than meeting a lady one on one. 25 years ago was the last time I wooed a lady and I was scared I would mess it up.

Then I saw her in her jeans, boots and bright top and she was smiling, we sat and spoke and enjoyed lunch for 4 hours and it seemed to pass in 10 minutes.

We had coffee at her home and the next hours evaporated like a keg of beer at a 21st, I had to leave while I was still able to and have not stopped smiling since.

She is the cream in my coffee, my candle in the wind and lady in red, despite how corny it may sound it all seems applicable.

I had to restrain myself from even touching her hand and I was not sure if my heart could cope with that. Her eyes dance like flames in a camp fire and her words calm me and excite me in the same breath.

Somewhere the angels are smiling on me and for that I am grateful and blessed. To you who have journeyed with me in paths of brokeness and pain, a flame was lit in my heart today.

Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment