Friday, May 13, 2011

Tea Sir


I have started drawing and it began as a way for me to somehow express another side of me, my writing helps me process and place thoughts in a filing system that will somehow make sense to me.

It has been said that we all border on some side of sanity and madness and all that separates us from the other is the ability to cope in our society. Let me elaborate. If we lived in a world where vegetarianism was the only option and accepted by all, would we not consider all meat eaters as murderers, animals and insane.
If that is the logic we enforce, would it not also pertain to our acceptance of western  versus eastern medicine? Could you justify the cost of freedom by the blood that is spilt by civilians who are no more guilty that you are for simply living and trying to fend for your family.

The way we express ourselves has a direct impact on those we come into contact with, I watched a friend greet a complete stranger and start a casual discussion with him. I was involved with my thoughts that I hardly even noticed him.
The way the world perceives us by the goods we own, the trophies we display and the manner we conduct ourselves is perhaps a reflection of the acceptance we seek from it.

Drawing is a outlet that enables me to forget for a while that I am who I am and allows me to escape in a world where I am free, released and even devoid of worldly worries. I am once again a child with a blank sheet of paper and a box of crayons.


So, I have jumped and skipped and waffled on in this blog in an attempt to say the following; in an attempt not to judge the stranger because he dresses, eats, loves or prays differently, offer him a smile and a beverage and ask about his day.

Nite All

No comments:

Post a Comment