Saturday, September 17, 2011

B.A.D. (Blessings After Divorce)

Who would have thought?
Candy? Dee? You should both be smiling, my special sisters who never gave up on me. You guys never gave up and showed patience and love beyond human understanding. Bless you!

Blessings, let me count them.
Firstly no-one in the world has two more beautiful sensitive loving daughters. When they heard the news of our pending divorce, it destroyed their world, they were shattered.
I didn't ever imagine that 4 could be replaced by 3 and still make a whole.

Their smiles and laughter are the chocolate and fresh cream in the eclair I call my life.
Yes their school-work suffered, there was anger, hurt and confusion, all I could so was love them, cuddle them and listen to them. And they understood and realised that I couldn't be all they needed but they waited.

Divorce is more cruel than telling me that Santa doesn't drink beer or that the Easter Bunny doesn't live in the Playboy Mansion. Its like discovering that mirrors don't lie and have a seriously malicious streak in them.

Divorce I must add is not a death sentence, but an opportunity to learn, ponder and start with a clean slate.
Memories from Heartache and Hope from Pain.

Nite All.

2 comments:

  1. So true Ted, it took myself and my kids awhile to over come the changes that were made. I love the heading .. B.A.D. Blessing after Divorce .. well I am finding many many blessings after mine and it WAS a blessing indeed not a death sentence. I hate divorce because of all the bitterness and the astonishment of the person you thought you knew better than yourself turned out to be a complete stranger after all ... it takes a while to muddle through however, after the healing comes the rainbow ... thank you for sharing your thoughts ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time heals all and allows us to view life with a new excitement IF we choose to do so. Thanks anonymous

    ReplyDelete