Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gastronomical Gloom


Good grief it was hot today, I had a green apple at 10h00 and found it very unappetising without cinnamon, lovely baked crust and cream. Apparently this raw fruit thing is quite popular, tastes unbaked and in desperate need of sugar to me.

Then the temperature hit 32'c and despite the aircon, melting was prone to set in. I had bottled bubbly water, Coke Light, coffee and none quenched my thirst for lunch. I had awoken this morning and made myself a salad, yup my gastronomic life was heading for social suicide.

I have made a decision after a run in with a large rude mirror that I needed to shed the equivalent of a small child in body mass. Removed from my life was my passionate attraction to pizza, cheeseburgers, crumbed pork chops, beer, oh sweet juice of the gods and nectar of mother nature. I was going through my second divorce, one that I had to instigate, follow through on and where I was the guilt party. It was a burden that would weigh me down before I could lose this load.

It was a desert of salad, steamed vegetables and tuna. And this compulsion people have with water, when I last looked this what we put into cars radiators and toilets! No wonder you lose weight when you drink it.

Dieting is like kissing a mannequin I would presume, devoid of passion, life and pleasure. It would be so much easier with hot baked bread smothered in melting butter and a tick slice of strong mature cheese on it. But alas I must depart for my tomatoes and cucumber and oh so crispy lettuce beckons.

Farewell Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment