Friday, March 25, 2011

The Long Wait


I hate the time spent in the waiting area of a doctors room, I have such a phobia of all folk medical because they might find "something". In these times more and more people are being diagnosed with stuff and I have enough stuff thank you very much.

If I had a choice I would never see one again, unfortunately I can't sleep without medication and am on another 4 that enable me to function normally in a very anti-normal world.

So what's wrong you ask? Well, I am tired of being pumped with chemicals and tablets with names so long I couldn't ever remember it. I am exploring after much consoling and encouragement from C and L to visit a homeopath. Initially my mind was a-whirl with images of a bent thin lady in a dark cloak with a crooked nose and eyes that seem to hate each other and thus lurk on opposite sides of her face. She grinds roots and bones and dry organs and smoke emerges from her mortar as she mutters to herself.

So needless to say, if she pointed a scrawny finger at me and smiled ever so slightly, I was running down the road screaming like a baby.

You see, I hate not being in control, I do not fear the unknown as long as I understand it and can rationalise with it. And so I wait, the only patient or victim or donor, like an elephant on a wooden swinging bridge.

And then she appeared, a beautiful lady with brown shoulder length hair and the most comforting smile. She was brilliant, professional and everything I didn't expect. What an amazing positive experience and the chemical reversal process begins.

New day New hope

Night All

No comments:

Post a Comment