Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cape Town

"It starts with chocolate cake and sparkles, old friends, new friends and loving daughters. Irish coffees without cream because they have run out and appear with cream, sound sinister?

Cape Town has been a journey of renewell and growth for me, I discovered the ability to laugh freely and just have fun again. My throat is sore from talking too loudly and I am feeling fluey, but I have had coffee and chocolate cake on my birthday and have not been attacked by midgets and smog affiliated bunnies".

This was a weekend that reawakening and renewal, I bonded with an amazing friend, met old friends again, acted as if I was in my early twenties and searched for French male artists in music shops. The last one had the assistants confused and needless to say, none was found. I did find an Alizee cd in Johannesburg, but at double the price of a new release, I refrained reluctantly.

Presents you ask, well two amazing shirts, a radio/alarm clock, a Sony Bloggie, soap in the shape of a motorbike, a delicious lemon creamy salad dressing, sunglasses and the rope thingamabob that fits to the end of the glasses and last but not least, return air tickets to Cape Town. Add a home made chocolate cake with candles and good friends and I was happy as a puppy having its tummy rubbed.

This is overdue because as soon as I returned to Johannesburg, I was running like a fatman trying to escape a health farm.

Its good to be home.

Good nite

No comments:

Post a Comment