Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Choices

It takes a decision, an action, the ability to choose a path and step onto the road that leads to it.

The teaching is that we have the ability and choice to determine which way we steer our course in life. We determine the route and when we deviate and wander down the long winding road, there will be adventures that await us.

I have been afraid at times to let go of my safety harness, I fear free falling because falling hints at loss of control on my part. It likes going into a public toilet blindfolded, you don't know what you getting into and worst of all, if there is any toilet paper!!

So I have ventured cautiously at times and then over compensated and gone Julius Malema at other times, that implies a complete lack of judgment and no concern for any consequences. Like to think they might balance out.

Choices.

I choose to see the shooting star as an opportunity to make a wish and smile as I believe in magic for a micro second or alternatively consider it as a redundant satellite hurtling towards earth with the acute possibility of killing some mystical eastern philosopher prone for greatness in the Western World Wilderness, or the www as we commonly refer to it. Maybe that's why Bill Gates keeps his windows closed on account of heavenly hail. Enough Ted enough.

What I am saying is our attitude determines our success or failure, our health, our friendship and our hope for tomorrow.

Good nite

No comments:

Post a Comment