Sunday, October 10, 2010

Supper for 8

And so it came to be that supper was planned, invitations sent out and the prospect of food with unfamiliar faces was looming.

I used my usual deep spiritual inner soothing Eastern calming techniques to reach a state of awareness that allowed control. I practiced old and trusted breathing techniques, chanted both loudly and softly. I bathed and cleansed my innermost being with water of joy and friendship and repeated the process 3 times.

In laymans terms, I watched a rugby match with a friend, shouting at the tv and drinking beer! And it was good.

As a Dr, I recommend this therapy for leisurely emotional expression. A cold beverage of the alcoholic variety is highly satisfying.

Then off to dinner and I was the first to arrive, and soon we had the makings of dinner for 8 (and 2 halflings), drinks, starters, main course and dessert followed by coffee for 3 and home.

Topics of discussion included botox, the benefits and costing annually, I was unaware that it was so popular and in particular amongst young men, possibly more so the young medical professionals. The drug usage also seems to be a serious problem. I suppose young, qualified, hard working and easier access to medicinal happy drugs could all lead to an explosive situation.

Teachers and teaching, jogging, well let's say that the food was very good, the company diverse, friendly and easy to chat to and it all ended well.

Jo, you missed a good evening dude! Better not chicken out next time or far harsher means will be sought and applied, remember midgets usually work in pairs haha.

Hi-light of the evening, difficult but possibly coffee for 3 and a discussion about organised Christianty.

Thank you A, was a blast

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment