Friday, November 19, 2010

Coffee for One


Friday night, a series and making filter coffee for one.
Sad, well perhaps but simple and sweet as well.

I have almost been divorced for a year and Friday nights have taken on a completely different meaning, with my girls they are hugs and cuddles and warm moments that would melt a marshmellow man. Then there are the other ones where you are a little lonely, a tad sad with a hint of optimism.

I was told over a pork chop to lighten up my blog a little, so here goes; by the power not vested in me I now pronounce this blog light!

When I think of light I think of girls beer, thin sickly looking models and hospitals that are white and light! There is a sickly pale sadness about that pure white light, it reminds me of cancer and CAT scans and I don't want to go there.

I want to dance the night away, sit on a beach and hear the waves roll in, sit beside a fireplace in winter and drink hot chocolate on a winters night sitting under a blanket watching the moon.
I would prefer not to do this alone.

Coffee for one.

Lonely or peaceful. Sad or satisfied. Depressed or thoughtful.

Am I encouraged that I am not the only one in the world that feels this way or simply sad because I would not mind being with one of those people tonight. Perhaps just perhaps one day the will be 'Coffee for Two'

Good nite

1 comment:

  1. my friday night is going to be pretty similar (other than laundry. the excitement never ends over here LOL)...

    don't worry, ted. in time, the right woman is going to come along, sweep you off your feet, and you'll be a deer caught in the headlights... in the best possible way. :)

    until then... um... i'd offer to chat online with you, but i don't think the time difference really works well for that, eh? since it's after 11pm where you are right now, and i just got my kids from the school bus. lol

    ReplyDelete