Thursday, November 11, 2010

UberDad

I am tired.
Tired of a lot of things, firstly dieting is for fat people and I am merely pleasantly plump, I have thin toes and the wrists of a professional darts player.

I like food, I love cooking and I love coffee. I haven't smoked a pipe for about 5 or 6 months and have a selection of pipe tobaccos that would confuse a police sniffer dog for ages.

I want to be UberDad, the bestest of the best, I want to be loved by my girls and have realised that raising teenage girls is like falling from aladder gracefully. You do your best but at some stage you hit the ground and can either lie there swearing or get up and scream 'The Aliens did it'.
UberDad puts so much pressure on himself that he questions everything including his kids love for him. It took a friend to tell me I was a bloody idiot and needed a good kick in the pants. You see, I can't buy their love, I can't win them over with false promises. I need to be real, be there and be a Dad and let time take care of the rest.

I love them that there is no doubt of, I regret putting them through a divorce and that was not their fault and had nothing to do with them at all. I am sad that it will more than likely affect their relationships with men at a later stage in their lives, but I pray that somehow the right man will sweep them off their feet and love them unconditionally. I do not wish to hurt him . . . . much haha.

So what is a Dad to do?
Just love them and care for them.
Be there when they need you and be consisitant in all your decisions.

As for the rest, well I can only pray.

Good nite

No comments:

Post a Comment