Monday, January 10, 2011

Let Me Show Thee


I cannot express this all in words so let me try by using phrases and see what comes of it.

You are a fresh breeze, not gentle and yet not aggressive either. You blow in, rustle my hair the way a giggle pops out of a child. You tilt your head and glance at me and suddenly my lips curl up instinctively. My eyes follow you involuntarily as you dance from one side of the room to another hardly touching the floor.
I await your messages and feel my pulse rise as I see it is from you, a slight blush and lightening of my soul.

I long to feel your touch upon my brow and your lips upon my cheek, you smell of a floral fiesta and I breathe you in deeply.

Your arms slowly hold me and I feel loved, safe and at peace with the world.

Are you real? Will I meet you? Could you love me?

2 comments:

  1. Ted,it is indeed only the bravest of men who could and can do what you do. To open yourself up to others is one thing but to display the naked vulnerability you do in such an honest way is beyond my ability.Your blog is indeed a moving,funny and at times heart-wrenching thing to share. Many who read this will admit to themselves that you so often hold a mirror to us and we see a part of our own story here. It takes a strong man to be meek without being weak. It takes a man who appears without hope to give that very hope to others and in so doing restore his own hope. Huge respect brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful, ted. truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete