Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Little Madness



It warms my heart to the point of bursting when I hear my girls voices over the phone and they relate with great excitement the events that happened that day and even more so when I get the occasional ‘I love you or I miss you Daddy”.


You see in reality, all it takes is a few choice words and hugs to keep a parent happy. We are not complex and even if we act that way, it is simply a guise to hide and protect that part of us that is too private to share in case it is used against us. Sometimes we are so caught up in the environment we have developed or that life has thrust upon us that we simply give up and go through the motions of life. We become robots that live for our annual holidays and the rest of the time life blurs past us, so my question is this; What are we going to do about it?


Add a little craziness to your life and here are a few examples that have worked for me;


· Make yourself a Gin and Tonic in a thermal travel mug and go for walk sipping as needed


· Sing some Italian opera to someone you don’t know in a shopping centre


· Pay for someone’s parking


· Go skinny dipping at night


· Eat a slab of chocolate for breakfast


· Go shopping for something you cannot afford and have no intention of buying


· Wear a crazy hat


· Read a newspaper upside down in a busy coffee shop


· Tell a waitress to bring you something to eat and drink and let her decide what to bring


· Wave and smile at people you don’t know


I think you get the idea, take an ordinary day and add a little magic, a little humour, add some spice to your life. We aren’t talking rocket science, I am not asking you to re-invent the xBox or get arrested for indecent exposure, just step out of your comfort zone and feel that thrill again.


Buy a t-shirt you would never dream of wearing and see if anyone says anything when you wear it, so I trust a little feedback will be forthcoming from some of you and man I can’t wait to see what you come up with.


You owe it to yourself and even more so, you owe it to your neighbour.


Have fun and Nite All

No comments:

Post a Comment