Saturday, January 15, 2011

Who do you Love?


I realised this evening that it is indeed a matchmaking jungle out there with both male and female in the same predicament. The scenario is the same as you will have the hunter, either male or female who is pursuing a certain prey for a specific reason and the victim who is basically at the mercy of the hunters.

Where you stand on issues such as beliefs, ethics and morals can be easily contradicted by emotions and peer pressure irrespective of age. Let me explain, after a long relationship it is very difficult to bounce into a fresh one as there are major trust and self confidence issues that need time to resolve themselves. Jumping straight in stunts the healing process to run its course and simply suppresses it until it forces its way to the surface like the body rejecting a splinter.

I don't know what the ideal situation is for me, but I do know the following;
1 I need to physical touch even if it is only a hug or the simple act of holding hands. This breaks the awkward tension that you encounter when you meet a suitable friend and want to move the friendship to a relationship phase.
2 I need to experience the joy of kissing again as it is the foundation of a young relationship and will tell each other so much about the partners personality. Are they patient, gentle, urgent, aggressive, passive or passionate?

The game is still the same, it is just the rules and risks have changed dramatically and if you rush in, you might be well out of your depth before you realise it.

I intend to love again, I plan to be happy again and I hope that this year will be the foundation that allows love once again to be a part of my life.

There are however extenuating circumstances in my case, I have to take into consideration my girls and how this will affect them. I have to be completely honest with my potential partner so as to prevent any confusion or pain.

Marriages are made in heaven, the catch is that we live in the real world and its really tough out there.

Nite all

2 comments:

  1. Marriages are made in heaven and so of course is thunder and lightening....Ted, the difficult one is always the children for a number of reasons.Yes, one must take their feelings into account and consider one's choice of potential partner carefully but this area is a minefield on its own sometimes. Hang in there buddy...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the game is the same, but the stakes are so much higher. If you care for the benefit of my experience, keep the two tender, precious ones at a safe distance until the new beast is thoroughly tamed and eating from the palm of your hand. Only once the new beast has proven worthy and willing to be allowed in from the cold to stay, should you stand aside and cautiously allow the young ones near. Go slow and steady, my old brother in arms.

    ReplyDelete