Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Curry Bites Back


I stopped en route home at a curry place at Edenglen near Woolworths and bought a vegetarian bean and potato curry, because I wasn't going to cook and hadn't eaten today besides my cereal. I decided to take my meds and vitamin B and have the curry. The first 4 mouthfulls were stunning but the 5th tasted funny and too herby for me so I took it out of my mouth and it was a dead bug twice the size of an adults thumb nail.

It was obviously no longer a vegetarian meal and the additional protein with legs or tentacles left a somewhat bitter, acidy taste in my mouth. Had I perhaps consumed one of the owners pets or were they a delicacy flown in from a broom cupboard and casually ignored as they fell asleep in my curry.

I am saddened my meal had transformed itself to a National Geographic Special without my written consent and as such I am forced to pay them a visit tomorrow to discuss this menial legality.

Good Nite Friends

1 comment:

  1. the same thing happened to me with a donut in saskatchewan once. turned me off donuts for a VERY long time. and now, thanks to you, i'm going to inspect everything i eat now. and it's a brutally cold winter and there aren't really any bugs around right now... but i'm paranoid now. thanks. :P

    ReplyDelete