Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Perfect Gentleman


There comes a time in all our lives where we must either acknowledge what we know is true and correct or we can ignore it and pretend we don't know any better.

I believe that an apology is in order so here we go.

My unknown gastronomical rendezvous with a crunchy foul tasting bug like alien has left me a little red faced. It seems my "bug" was no more than a very strong herb like pod used in the preparation of Indian dishes. The restuaranteer at the Indian restaurant was amused yet dignified in his explanation of the herb and we parted on good terms.

He could have laughed and been arrogant in his explanation, instead he was "the Perfect Gentleman".

I wonder how we would have reacted if the roles had been reversed, how often do we do the honourable thing and admit when we are wrong?

The two hardest words to say are "I'm sorry"

By saying it you are opening yourself to rebuke, abuse, possible scorn and rebuttal, but just maybe you might find someone whose humility will shine through.

Good Nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment