Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Wedding

Today was Arni and Denise's wedding. Setting was lovely and I had my two favourite girlfriends with me an they looked stunning. I was a very proud Dad. The service was almost entirely in Afrikaans and then we moved onto the reception.

I was one of the few people there tonight that didn't have a partner, never seemed to notice that before, strange. People seem to be be more romantic at weddings, suppose the atmosphere lends itself to it. Little sad now, first wedding as a divorcee, suppose I can tick that off the list now.

The food was amazing and Nicole had a blast taking photos of everything and everyone and then holding the table record for the longest time to keep a dessert spoon stuck to her nose, at a table of 10, 6 folk tried it. Needless to say we had the loudest table and the most fun as well. One lady at our table got her dress set alight by the gas heater, we didn't really have a boring moment.

On the way home in true Italian fashion, my cars heater decided that under no circumstances was it going to work. Need I say more.

We had a blast today and it is so comforting to see my girls have so much fun on the weekend, really a blessing to see them look forward to coming here and then chilling and having a blast.

Time to sleep, still not feeling very happy, but trying to cope with it and keep it together.

Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ted, just wanna say thanks for giving us a window into your life and for sharing the reality of your experiences with us. It's an honour and a privilege for us to journey with you. Praying for the God of peace to give you the peace of God.

    ReplyDelete