Monday, February 7, 2011

Lapses in Life


Have you ever felt like you have forgotten something really important? It starts off as a mild itch and finally it is a huge sneeze that makes you stop and say "That's it, I need to remember what it is".

So you start your check;
1 - belt - there
2 - underwear - there
3 - watch - there
4 - wallet - there
5 - matching shoes - there (don't laugh I once arrived at work wearing one black and one brown shoe)
6 - miniature frozen penguin keyring - only kidding just checking you're still with me.

It was only when I walked into the office and someone asked me if I had tried to skin myself alive that it dawned on me.
I had cut myself shaving a few times that morning because I was using a really cheap razor and had been too stubborn to change halfway. I looked like a walking post-stic memo board. These were the days where I had no hair and shaved my head as well. The little pieces of toilet paper were still all over my head.

This is more likely to happen if you are single or divorced as you don't have someone special to see you off in the morning with a hug and a kiss.
Then off to our hamster routine and hours of running on our treadmill before we arrive home tired.

The joy of divorce is that you can come home and you can chill, eat supper if you want to, lie on your bed and not feel guilty, have a bath or not and read the newspaper or a magazine uninterrupted. You have the freedom to decide what you want to do.

If your brain does short circuit and you momentarily forget where you are, it doesn't matter, reality will be waiting for you when you return. I have 2 daughters, beautiful girls so uniquely different in appearance and personality and yet I forget their names or get them confused with each other.

I regularly forget a password or important date and this is really going to rock your socks off, it doesn't matter, life carries on.

I get so disturbed by the little things that I sometimes forget the bigger picture, get distracted and lose focus and need to either bump my head to get it back in order or hear that "friggen hell Ted" shake me back to reality.


Basically, life doesnt wait for you, but the amazing part is you can join in and carry on pretty effortlessly. Its not a race but a journey.

Good Nite All

2 comments:

  1. i noticed that you check your belt *before* you check your underwear. LOL but then again, no one but you knows when you forget underwear, so why bother checking?? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are NOT alone, Ted ☺ ☺

    ReplyDelete