Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentines Day


What do you think of when you think of Valentines Day?
What is the impression that strikes you and leaves an imprint in your mind?
Do you celebrate Valentines Day?

In my mind I see red everywhere, red roses, red hearts, red gifts and even the chocolate is wrapped in red.
I see love and it dawns on me that love has no prejudices, it is old and it is young, it is black and it is white, it is silent and yet it screams from the mountains. It is a song, a poem, a touch and sometimes simply a look shared across a room.
It can cross oceans and even death cannot destroy it.
It is innocent and gentle and it can heal the most tragic hurt soul, it whispers like a breeze through a forest and strokes our hearts like a mother caressing her newborn.

I used to believe it was simply a commercial endeavour and yet I partook in it. But if it gives us a reason to forget about life and its challenges and focus our attention and love on someone other than ourselves, then I am for it.

Will I be celebrating it this year, I wish I could say yes. I wish I could be that someone special to someone who is away from me. I wish I could hold hands with her as we lie on our backs on a beach looking at the stars. I wish I could kiss her gently on her lips and whisper something cheesy like " you are the milk in my cereal".

I know it will not be an easy day for me and if you like me have no-one to share it with, maybe have a glass of red wine, a warm bath and something special for dessert.

Good Nite all.

No comments:

Post a Comment