Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The eX-Files

 
Now that I have your undivided attention, let me ask you a question.
What is worth fighting for?

Love? The House? Marriage? Furniture? Children? Money?

Why the heck is he asking this? Well to be perfectly honest, I have considered each and every one of the above and at some stage have fought for or considered if it is worth fighting for.
I was chatting to a new friend and he looked me in the eye and said, "Ted, I am 44 tomorrow and what do I have to show for it? Will I ever own a property again"

It is a reality that divorce has the potential to rip your lungs through your bottom and leave you gasping for air. Some folk walk away debt free, with assets, with fully paid cars and others find themselves shattered, ruined and tsunami's of panic rushing in.

The good news?

"It gets better Ted, but it takes time. Let go and let God." Thanks Candy.
This is a wonderful friend who has taken more of my questions, plea's and depression than anyone deserves. She never beat me once or broke any of my bones, I did however stay well out of range.
Thank you.

Does it get easier?
Yes it certainly does.
Am I over completely over it?
Nope, there are still some areas I really battle with. The most recent concern/obsession/dilemma is the desperate need for a partner or girlfriend. Why?
Who the heck knows?
For those of you who have been on the receiving end of my advances, thanks for the practise and the patience.

Nite All

2 comments:

  1. I am starting to look forward to your daily post more than the newspaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quote from Rainer Maria Rilke: “Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions”

    ReplyDelete