Monday, June 13, 2011

I Love You


What is this love that we speak so glibly of?


I have seen more broken hearts and disillusioned people than I care to and I have myself felt and lived with it. But, and this but is of paramount importance, I have seen love, I have seen couples smiling and laughing and in love and it gives me hope.

Perhaps I have been looking too hard?
Maybe I have to let time and God heal me completely before I am able to accept another into my life?
Or could it be that I have to let go and just concentrate on my girls?

There is no answer and I do not the fate that awaits me, so I must simply move on and not ponder what is to be or might be or cannot be.
I do know I yearn for a companion, someone to share my joys, experience my excitement, comfort my sorrows and hold my hand as I move forward.

It is not just a physical yearning, a lust or sexual encounter I seek, it is a personal bonding and someone to share a meal, a moment and so much more.

So if you are out there, if you feel the same and if the time is right for us, maybe we will meet and I will be able to say, "Hi, I'm Ted, may I have the honour of cooking a meal for you"

Nite all

1 comment: