Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Friends

Righty ho and Tally yo, we need friends. We need them like a plant needs light unless you want to be a mushroom and let's face it, they don't look so hot.

Friends are like lingerie, they support, comfort, make some of us laugh but most of all enable us to feel special and loved. No I mentioned lingerie not underwear and there is a massive difference! Men in thongs are just wrong and granny panties are as seductive as a sexually frustrated pitbull doing the wild thing on your leg!

Friends understand when you don't have to explain, they can see through your defences and feel your pain as clearly as if it is their own. They will go out of their way to carry you when you cannot walk and will look over you when you do not wish to be alone. When I hit a really bad spot, I moved in with some friends as the loneliness was too much. I discovered later that they used to come check on me at night to see if I was sleeping. They fed and nurtured to a position where I was able to get on my feet again, they even looked after my girls when I was unable to. When I fell apart they were picking up the pieces before they hit the ground.

A friend is one who will love you through hell and not judge you when you lose it and rage against the world. They will wait patiently till your storm passes and then smile and nod.

They will call and just listen as you criticise and bemoan society, life and the universe. They will encourage you with a smile, a hug or a hand on the shoulder.

I am blessed to have such friends and to each one of them I can simply say, "Thank you"

Good night

1 comment:

  1. dude ..no no no ....and you me to go to sleep with pictures of sexualy frustrated thongs on pitbuls wearing granny panties ..... running thru my head ... oh no .. there i go laughing again .. just spilled coffee all over my table ... this is way over the top ....

    love ya man ... sleep well when you get there !!

    ReplyDelete