Monday, August 9, 2010

Long Weekends and Coffee

Well a long weekend has come and ridden off into the sunset, it stayed briefly and then seemed to accelerate through Saturday and Sunday.

I was thinking of food tonight, soul food, think of coffee dates and chatting to people about life, love and breathing.

Firstly the food, roasted crispy pork belly, cauliflower and a rich cheese sause and a fresh green salad with cold roasted vegetables and drizzled lightly with olive oil. I can almost smell it let alone taste it!

As for coffee dates, well the truth is I am lonely and even though I have only been divorced 8 months, I have in fact been separated for more than a year. It is not the sexual intimacy I long for, but more the company and laughter and tears of another human being. To be able to sit and just enjoy a cup of coffee and discuss interests, life, dreams and at the same time disappointments would be nice. Am I ready for this? I have no idea.

As for breathing, well it just takes life back to its most basic rituals. To forget about all the chaos and crap around us is not easy and thus we need to find a happy place. A place to switch off the world and just breathe. I am trying, but not winning at the moment.

Nicole made her first spaghetti bolonaise at her Mom's tonight and was apparently very proud of herself, but not as proud as her Dad is of her, well done my Angel. Simon had her sleepover and this morning at 4 I received an sms from her. We had an enjoyable chat and she is now dead to the world.

I have frequented the little coffee shop in the area and can highly recommend it, the decor is homely yet artistically sparse, service brilliant and the hostess/owner an absolute honey. As for the food, delightful and reasonably priced. I shall definitely make a regular spot for a cup of tea and something to nibble on.

And now I had better get to sleep I suppose.

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment