Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Ray of Saturday

I have no idea of what to say as an opening line so let's just forget the formalities and get straight down to it. No razor blades tonight, but a glass of wine will suffice.

Last night (Friday night) I was in bed at about 7, had a heavier dose of sleep fairy dust, and yes Brad they do crush real fairies to make it, and promply passed out. I awoke once. Went back to sleep after a mug of coffee and some lemon creams and awoke to the sound of my phone ringing excitedly. It only rings excitedly on the weekend as these are normally happy calls from those that love and care for me.

I groggily answered and it was D wanting to know if I was ready for breakfast, I asked for a token 15 minutes and met her and we walked to Smau's in Dunvegan, cuppachinos, breakfast and D's sister popped in and had a red cuppachino (rooibos tea and froth) which looked like a male ballet dancer, nice from far, but what do you stare at if he is standing in front of you.

After breakfast I met Nicole and Simon at the hairdresser and Nicoles hair looked stunning, she had cut it short and it looked so cute. Simon gave me a big hug, I collected Nicole and off it was to the HCC kite day, famous for its complete lack of wind! She wanted to see some old school friends and I was her transport of choice.

I need the opinion of our female friends please, I gave a friend some flowers today, no big deal. However instead of cut flowers I gave her potted flowers. Cool? Not cool? Irrelevant?

Afternoon braai and some test rugby with friends, then home for a bath and now here I am.

I will have the heavier dose again of the fairy compacted dust tonight so that I can reach dreamland quicker and not delay my search for my damsel in dedress and skip merrily through the sand as we watch the ocean do a Mexican wave for us.

It was a good day and even though I feel a little sadness as I lie on my bed, I am satisfied and will keep this day. Missed my chat with Super C today, that is a little sad, but hey even superheroes need the occasional day off.

Good Night all

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I asked my wife and expected a yes, no answer and I got asked ten clarifying questions which I didn't know the answer to. But, what she said is that it boils down to is this:

    "As long as the gift was done with thought, and was done with the heart, I'm sure she appreciated it."

    ReplyDelete