Monday, June 21, 2010

21 June Monday

My thoughts today and for that matter yesterday seemed to keep going back to Lucy my female Boerboel, a dog who I loved and adored and gave me exactly the same in return. She seemed to be able to understand my mood and read my emotions.

She herself was an incredibly intelligent dog and loved playing with my girls and would stride and gallop around the yard with a stick or ball or one of her fluffy squeaky toys. We would laugh at her and chase her and you could almost see her laughing with us.

She would protect Simon and Nicole and would demand love when required it. She would wake me in the early hours of the morning to let her out and I would wait patiently as she did her business and came jogging back in. I would either get a snort in my face to awaken me or if I was facing away from her she would put her head under the blankets and strategically place her cold wet nose on my lower back. Yes I would wake up but how could I get angry with her, she was . . . . and always will be a friend and one I loved dearly.

Thank you my beautiful baby I will never forget you, not only did you trust me throughout your life, you trusted me as you slipped painlessly to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment