Sunday, June 27, 2010

27 July Sunday

So pray do tell why the simple act of buying shoes with my daughters can tire you more in 1 hour than 5 days of hard labour and a diet of dry bread and cheap red wine.

It would be so much easier if you follow the following routine;
1. Enter
2. Locate
3. Fit
4. Pay
5. Exit

Done Finished Objective Achieved.

Oh well I suppose there is a reason we are so different, I am now lying on a couch with my legs up relaxing after my ordeal. We also 'popped' into a clothing store and after I had pointed out about 10 items I could tell that my opinion as a fashion guru had descended into 'he who shall pay and provide'.

When we got home, Simon took pity on me and made me lunch and coffee, I would rather face my ex in full battle mood complete with broom and wand than do the 3 shop compare shoes deed. But, if they asked me again, would I run away screaming and crying like an England supporter, nope I would do it. That's what Dads do!

Quick choice! Scarlett Johannsen or Penelope Cruz, my opinion is Penelope is 100 times the woman Scarlett will ever be.

I had a deep hot bath and listened to Meatloaf - Bat of Hell and you know what, he sounds exactly the same underwater hehe. Was relaxing and I must admit that a soaking bath is very underrated.

So now I am channel hopping and have managed to find a couple of decent love stories that seemed to run one after the other. Couldn't have watched this a couple of weeks ago. I have had to stop avoiding the man in the mirror, sounds like a cliche but it is so true. I have to understand what makes him tick, what made him do the things he did. How he has to forgive himself and move forward. It sounds so simple.

Can love be simple, can it be uncomplicated and enjoyable or must we analise and bring guilt and opinionate it and then well then it is something so different.
Do we expect too much too little, do we settle for something because it is just easier? I want someone to talk to, someone to spend silence with and someone who will accept me as I am. Am I prepared to try again, I think I am, but there is no rush. Where do you find a venue where neither party feels threatened?

And yet I am sure there are many people who feel exactly the same.

Well good night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment