Wednesday, June 23, 2010

23 June Wednesday

It was a good day at work with much achieved and finally putting my laptop to rest at 23h00. It was also a good day because a good friend sat me down and gave me a good talking to, basically in a nutshell told me to stop being so hard on myself and step back and look at the bigger picture.

I had become so bogged down with financial concerns and demands that I was slowly drowning and was not even aware of it. All my energy was going into making this situation workable, controllable and in the process I was destroying my health and sanity.

Does that happen to you as well? We become so involved in a problem that it takes over and becomes this monster we feed and drag around with us. So what is the solution? I need to kill this beast, put it to rest once and for all and move forward in my life. There is no other choice and I have to move ahead because to stay where I am now will be the death of me.

So a bounce in the step is required, a good look in the mirror and honest reflections of who I am and who I would like to be. Prayer is definitely required and so is my incredible circle of friends.

Positives for today, well lovely supper, a sweet sms from Simon and a 5 minute chat that ended up taking 2 hours.

Good night

No comments:

Post a Comment